If your child’s baby teeth are starting to erupt and seem to be bothering him, you can
- Rub his gums with your finger
- Rub his gums with the back of a small chilled spoon
If the pain persists, your dentist, pharmacist or doctor may recommend an over-the-counter medicine to ease the pain.
What you SHOULD NOT DO
- DO NOT use pain medication that you rub on your child’s gums; she could swallow it.
- DO NOT give her teething cookies. They may contain added or hidden sugar.
- DO NOT underestimate a fever. The eruption of new teeth DOES NOT make babies ill or give them a fever. If your child’s body temperature is going up and down, consult your doctor.
All 20 baby teeth will appear by the time your child is two or three years old.
We accept new patients
Come meet us for a first appointment.
It would be our pleasure to serve you.